Sonntag, 27. Januar 2019

WIPocalypse January (and also my IHSW update)

Guess who's on time for WIPoclypse this month?? Yes, ME! But don't get used to it, I am sure it won't last to long ;-)
When I just looked at the link-up  for this month there was only one other person who already signed up, that's really strange :D

Answering this months question is also easy - What SALs am I participating in this year? Well obviously the WIPocalypse SAL and apart from that there is the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL hosted by the amazing Jo. This SAL is about stitching on all the wonderful things that were gifted to us or are meant to be a gift one day =) I'm featuring a couple of projects in that SAL, the biggest of them is my Heaven and Earth Design called "Map of Middle Earth XL". This thing is 422 500 stitches and over the years I featured it in the SAL, I did 48 000 stitches on it, so it's really motivating =)

And this brings us to the WIPocalypse SAL and to this months stitching =)
I worked on two projects, which is not overwhelmingly much but I am super happy with my work on those projects.
My first update is on my new start "Noble Spirit" by Jody Bergsma. You may remember that I am (again) trying a new way of stitching (for no particular reason, I just like to try something different from time to time) and I am stitching diagonally (blockwise). Last time you saw this one I had 1 000 stitches done:
I also used this for the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, on which I forgot to post. Before IHSW I was at 3 600:
And I did another diagonal during that weekend (I was hoping for two, but one is better than none). So I am currently at 4 500 stitches:
I am so much in love with this project, it was a challenge to put this down and I feel an itch to pick this up again. But I planned on taking out Ride of the Yokai next, it didn't get any love in 2018 and it's time to make up for that. But maybe I can squeeze in another diagonal on this anyway.

My next update is my monthly update on Kriemhilds Revenge by H D Johnson. I stitched half a page on her and went from here:
To here:
As you can see, we reaches her dress, so soon I will have to face stitching all the light colors on that ivory fabric again. But at least it's no background!
And the best thing: I have now 156 120 stitches done! This means 99 480 to go!!! It's less than 100k to go, I am soooo happy =) This gives me an extra motivation to work on her, it's like I can see the finish line, lol. I mean I guess I will take another 3 to 4 years to complete her, but I feel like I can finish her one day ;-)

So those are my updates on stitching and since of of might now fear that I could actually finish something one day and therefore run out of stitching entirely, here are two new charts I bought during the last Haed sale:

First up is the max color version of "Francesca" by Tatiana Hordiieko.
I bought this like right after it was released, I fell in love immediately! I am currently into high fantasy, so I couldn't walk past this amazing elvish queen. A part of me wan't to start her right away =)

The second one I picked up is a design I have been eyeing for ages, another max color chart called "She sleeps" by Stephanie Pui-Mun:
The detail in this one is just amazing, I think the SPM charts gain so much from the max colors! I originally thought about getting her in December and make her my new year start, but I was to intimidated by the amount of colors and I feel like she is more of a summer design. The year is still young, so a lot can still happen ;-)

That's all I have to share with you for this month =)
Happy stitching =)

6 Kommentare:

  1. Great to see your progress, the picture looks like it's a kite flying in the sky. Nice new charts, I love so much "she sleeps". Amitiés. Gruße.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow, you've had a ton of progress already on your new start, and Kriemhild is looking great as well!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Great work on your Wipocalypse pieces. I like the diagonal stitching method, I expect it stops the page lines which appear with other methods,

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. You've made some amazing progress! Glad to see the diagonal stitching is working for you. :) I was tempted by Francesca when I saw her too. I hope you start her soon. I also have She Sleeps, but the regular version. I can't decide if I want to upgrade. Good luck stitching with all those colors! It can be challenging, but I love the result. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. What beautiful pieces! You've made great progress.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. You have made such beautiful progress!

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.