Samstag, 19. Januar 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL - January

Well, here we go with another round of GG SAL! I am super happy that this SAL will continue in 2019, it is a great motivation to work on my gifts an gifted projects on a regular basis. =) As every month, there is a link-up (big goal for 2019: sign up after making a post - unlike last November, lol), where you can find all the posts for this month =)

One of the projects that will appear here on a regular basis is ma Map of Middle Earth from Haed. I am doing the large version, which is 750 stitches across. (There also was a supersized version, but when that was released I was already a few pages in and didn't want to restart - even if the writing was a bit clearer in that case. The original version was 450 across, so my version already is a lot more detailed). I received this chart as a rak shortly after it was released and started it in the middle of 2014. I'm featuring this in the GG SAL since early 2015 (I think from the start of this SAL) and since then I added about 47 000 stitches! So far I added about 1 000 stitches every month and I am planning to continue this way =) So here are my 1 000 stitches for this month:
Before:
And now:
I have now 56 000 stitches done, since the whole design has 422 500 stitches, we still have a way to go and I really hope the GG SAL will continue for the next 15 years ;-)

Unfortunately, this is all I have to show for the month. I know you are missing some updates on my other projects (In the Moonlight, Candy Cane Santa, Wolf Kiss) and I will do my best to pick them up soon =)  But right now I am off to do some stitching, I am actually planning to join the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, I haven't done this in ages but this weekend is (almost - it's my birthday tomorrow and we are going out for dinner) free for stitching! I will get back to you early next week with my progress =)

Happy stitching =)

4 Kommentare:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I wonder how many 1,000s of stitches you will add to the map this year?
    Have a lovely Birthday tomorrow.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You are making great progress on Middle Earth! Glad to know I'm not the only one planning for finishes in 15 years or so. :) Happy stitching, and Happy Birthday!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Happy birthday! And great progress to. I think the writing is plenty clear on your version of the chart :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Ah I know I couldn't do that one!AriadnefromGreece!

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.