Dienstag, 1. Januar 2019

WIPocalypse December - End of 2018 update

First of all, I am wishing all of you a happy new year and I hope there is a lot of health, love and stitchyness in 2019 for you =) 
I just didn't have the time to set up a post yesterday, but we were invited to a party and left quite early for that. By now it's already past 6pm here and I am finally getting my butt up to post. You know, this is going to be a very long and very picture heavy post - I am going through all my WIPs and there are a lot of them! So without further ado, here we go!

First I will show you my finsihes for the year - you know me and you know that there won't be to many, so let's make this nice and short.

I managed to finish my Hydrangeas by Mill Hill in April. I carried it over from 2017 and for 2018 I started here:
So I was a bit more than halfway done with it, it's hard to say because I always leave the beading until last. But now it's all done and here is the finished piece:

And since I was already in beading mood, I started and finished another little Mill Hill kit called daffodil egg:

Stitch Maynia made my WIPlist grow, but I was able to finish one small project I started. It's called "Strandidylle 3" by Liebevolle Kreuzstichentwürfe:
It's still now framed, lol. I am so lazy when it comes to framing, I really need to kick myself to get a frame. 

Last but now least I managed to stitch two ornaments for Halloween:
The witch is still not framed - I even own the frame! But I need sew around the edges, I will take out the sewing machine in a few days and will hopefully remember to do this.

Second I am going to show you the projects on which I made some progress since November.

Number 1 is my focus piece "Kreimhild's Revenge" by Howard David Johnson from Haed. In the beginning of this year she was at 129 170 stitches:
And not only did I manage to finish the fourth row of pages (first goal), but I also hit the 150k mark (second goal). I just didn't make it to the 155 600 mark, from where is would be only 100k stitches to go, but I am still super happy with the 25 333 stitches I added. She is now at 154 503 stitches:

Number 2 is "Wolf Variant" by Bente Schlick, also from Haed. At the beginning of this year I had 20 000 stitches done:
I only did some work on this in December, it was on the frame for nearly a hole week, but as you know the weeks before Christmas are so busy, so I only managed to get 1 500 stitches in before Christmas Eve, so here are 21 500 stitches on this one:

On Christmas Eve it was time to take out Number 3 - Miss Christmas Eve by Nora Corbett! I started her for Christmas 2017 and I guess it will take a few more years for her to get done at this rate ;-) I left her here:
And I did some work on her arm, the skin (1 over 1 - takes ages but we are getting there) and her wonderful skirt. I am not counting the stitches on this one, but here is my progress:

After Christmas there were still a few days left in 2018 and since I had a bunch of projects still lacking progress, I took out number 4 - Eternal Promise by Matt Stewart from Haed. At the beginning of the year there were 19 200 stitches done:
And I managed to finish page 4 last minute, just 880 stitches, but every little cross counts, right? Here we are at 20 080 stitches:

(Remark: Why are there numbers to the projects? So I can keep track of how many things I have on the go! Guess what - I already managed to miscount: 1,2,3,5... yeah....not...)

So those where the projects I worked on in December, my progress is not overwhelming, but it was just a super busy month, so I think it's fine.

The next projects I am going to show are new starts for 2018 (except Strandidylle because it's among the finishes):

Number 5 is The Silence After by Chris Ortega from Heaven and Earth Designs - my new year start for 2018! I did 4 000 stitches on it:

Number 6 is a Gecko Rouge project - Across Winter Lake by Jo Grundy, on which I did 1 846 stitches (it's a confetti nightmare):

Number 7 was one of my Stitchmaynia starts: Geishas by Maia (my fist Maia kit!):

Number 8 is called "Robin" by Alysa - also a started for Stitchmaynia:

So plus 4 on the WIPcounter, let's move to my remaining WIPS on which I managed to make some progress:

Number 9 is "Crossing the Stream" from Golden Kite. At the beginning of the year I had two pages done, those were 6 767 stitches:
And I stitched another page this year - so it's 10 117 stitches now:

WIP number 10 is my Supersized SK Iris Keeper by Josephine Wall, another Haed. At the beginning of this year I had 20 080 stitches done:
And I managed to finish the first row of pages on her - 24 160 stitches:

Number 11 is my QS dys Luck by Joana Bromley, again a Haed. I had 8.000 stitches done at the beginning of this year:
And this year I finished page 2 and now I have 10 160 stitches done:

Number 12 - The Potting Shed by Aimee Stewart, charted by Haed. I had the first page done by the beginning of this year, that's 5 200 stitches.
And finally some progress - I stitched page 2 and now I have 10 160 stitches done:

Next is Number 13 - Whispers by Melanie Delon and yet another Haed. I had 8 000 stitches done at the beginning of the year:
On this one I also finished page two, so another one with 10 160 stitches done. 10 160 really seems to be the number of the year ;-):

Time for some non-Haeds! Number 14 is by Dimensions Gold - Aurora Cabin. Since I am not counting the stitches on it, here are before
and now:

And Number 15 is also by Dimensions and called "Cliffside Beacon" I went from here:

To here:

Number 16 is a Haed - I guess you already missed them! So here is Yule Angel by Anne Stokes started with 32 000 stitches:
And gained 5 005 stitches:

Number 17 is my second Gecko Rouge project - Sloth. I didn't get much done but I went from 2 403 stitches:
to 3 393. I really need to focus on this one, it's so cute!

Number 18 is another Dimensions Gold project called Paris Market. Not a lot of progress, but at least some. From here:
To here:

Well, those are all the WIPs that got some love last year (writing this feels weird). Unfortunately, I didn't manage to stitch on everything, so here comes the list of shame:

Number 19 is Danielle by Sarah Butcher - I love this design and I don't get why I didn't work on it! I wanted to do to in summer but then summer was already over. So it stays at 13 600:

Number 20 - Das Rheingold by Kinuko Craft, the row finish is so close and yet so far! I don't know what's wrong between me and that project.... 27 200 due to my list will also be the start for 2019...

Number 21 - QS Trapped by Melanie Delon. I completely forgot about it... Still at 15 400 stitches.

Number 22 is Starlight by David Hoffrichter, a beautiful project full of confetti, I will try and work on this in early 2019, so it get's some progress. It's still at 18 400:

And finally (I think), number 23 is Supersized Ride of the Yokai by Ruth Thompson - such an amazing design, where did it hide last year? I have 10 690 stitches done and I want more!

So that's a total of 56 264 stitch on the projects above. I am featuring a few of my projects in the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL, on which I also count stitches. I did 1 600 stitches on "In the Moonlight" and 12 000 stitches on my Map of Middle Earth, so that makes a total of 69 864 stitches. Considering the fact that my stitching suffered a lot since summer because my stitchy bug learned to read (a total of 107 books this year, even if 10 of those are audiobooks) and afterwards my hand got useless, I am still happy with my progress. What I am not happy with is the fact that I didn't get to work on all of my projects this year, especially Danielle and Ride of the Yokai make me sad. I hope to improve on that in 2019, maybe I will think up some sort of rotation. 
2019 will be a busy year for me, my wedding is in September and there are still some things left to organize. We booked our honeymoon last week (we got an early bird offer, so we squeezed that in) and now we are going to live on bread and water for a few more weeks. I have an appointment for my wedding dress on Saturday and we finally made up out minds about invitations (most people already know the date, but we want to sent out the invitations during January never the less). Then we still need a cake (we have some ideas on what we want and where to order it), I need jewelry to go with my dress (but the dress is first) and we haven't chosen our rings either! And I guess there are a million more things to do for us! But I am sure it will be a wonderful party in the end!

Anyway, I hope you all made it safe and sound to the end of this post, the next one is already due on Sunday! 
Happy stitching =)

5 Kommentare:

  1. I think you get alot of stitching done event if not all of your WIPs were touched. I enjoy reading your updates. Wedding planning is time consuming and expensive. I wish you the best in 2019 and your upcoming wedding.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What a fabulous amount of stitching you got in! I'm so impressed with all of your before & afters. You my dear have one hot little needle flying about that fabric. I can't wait for your next post. & good luck with the dress appointment. xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. You read how many books?! That is amazing! I love seeing all your stitching again. You are stitching so many projects that I love. I hope your hand is much better in 2019 and you can stitch as much as you want. Don't feel too ashamed about the projects you didn't get to. I've got many of those too. But I do hope you get to Ride of the Yokai this year. It's one of my favorites. Happy stitching! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I loved your picture-heavy post, and how you managed to work on a few more of your WIPs in December! I agree, you did very well this year, considering everything. I am sure next year will be very busy for you (trust me, I can relate), but don't forget to take time for things you enjoy to make up for all the stress :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wow, what a progress filled year! Love all the photos. Ms Christmas Eve is creeping up my wish list every time I see her.
    Congratulations on the forthcoming wedding. Let me know your address nearer the time and I will send a card!

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.