Sonntag, 1. März 2020

WIPocalypse February

Time for another WIPocalypse update and I seem to be sort of in time (by accident). I thought I messed this up again. On Friday I noticed that the last Sunday of the month would have been the 23rd, so I wanted to make a post. Then I was confused, that there was no link-up, until I remembered that we had a leap-day check-in this month, so I was actually a day to early and decided to do my post on Saturday, but then I was busy helping a friend move and I was invited to a birthday party, so Saturday was suddenly over and now I am a day late for the check-in. But here we go ;-) You can find all the other entries at this months link-up page. 

I had a super productive month, I stitched a lot and I read a lot (nearly 4200 pages and on top of that 2 full audiobooks and a partial one), so I am overall very happy.

As for this months topic, it's about the "leaps" we made in stitching. I don't really know how to answer this question. A big leap for me was to start my first Heaven and Earth Designs, we all know how big those are. Also I was still a student and living on my pocket money at that time, so kitting the supplies up for this was a huge expanse for me (and not an easy decision) . Maybe another leap was my first supersize project (Ride of the Yokai), I never did such a huge project before and I needed to work on 32ct because (at that time) this would have been the only way to fit the project on my frame. But I must say that I got used to the 32ct pretty soon and I am now very happy I made that leap.
A leap that is still before me is to start a Golden Kite with blenden threads. I have a few GK in my stash and I would love to start one of them. The problem is that he projects are not only quite big (and since I would need to stitch with two threads, I would use a 22ct or lower count fabric), but the amount of blended colors is huge. The total color count is around 200 and more than 100 are blended, I am still thinking about how to organize this and kitting such a project up would be quite expensive as well. If I make my leap here, you will learn about it here ;-)

But let's get to this months progress, I am eager to show you what I did =)
First I worked on The Silence After by Chris Ortega (Haed). This was my new year start in 2018, after I bought chart and material pack pretty soon after the release. I did 4 000 stitches and then this sat in my wip pile, so it was time to work on it again. Here is the last update you saw (in Febrary 2018):
And here is where I got to:
I stitched 4 columns, so 3 200 stitches and I am very happy with this. Stitching the tree was a bit dull, but I loved working on the sky behind the tree. There was a nice amount of confetti and I love how the smaller trees in the back turned out.

The second project I worked on was Supersized SK Iris Keeper by Josephine Wall (Haed). When I started this in 2015 I stitched on this regularly and made good progress, but then it disappeared in my wip pile as well. So it was more than time to take this out again and I went from here:
To here:
I did 4 columns on the second row, so a bite more than 3 000 stitches and I loved stitching this lovely swirl on color there =).

Last but not least, I worked on a project that is not a Heaven and Earth Designs again (still going strong on that plan). I originally wanted to work on Aurora Cabin, but when I went to my cupboard to take it out, I came across "Geishas" from the Maia collection (Anchor) and I just wanted to work on it. I started this for Stitchmaynia in 2018, but I didn't stitch more than one of the Geishas heads then. Last time:
And now:
So I started dressing that Geisha in her lovey yellow kimono and I love how this turns out. Compared to a haed there are only a few colors, but I love the shading they create. The project is still on my frame and I am not sure if I feel like switching projects yet, so I think I will work on this for a additional day or two.

So this is all the progress I made in February, as I said before: I am super happy =)
Since today is 1st March, this means the start for the first WIPocalypse challenge in 2020. It's another 1 per day challenge, I participated in them last year and had a lot of fun. For March I am going to work on my Golden Kite project "Crossing the Stream" (I already did that last year) and again, I plan to stitch one square (so about 100 stitches) per day. I am going to post regular updates (about twice per week) on my Instagram (@lady_stitchalot), so feel free to follow me there, but I hope to my a mid month update on this here as well.

I hope you all had a productive month as well.
Happy stitching =)

5 Kommentare:

  1. Nice progress and lovely geisha pattern, lovely face and great yellow kimono! xxx Amitiés

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Glad you got the post up despite the confusion over the date!
    The colours in Iris Keeper are gorgeous and the Geisha is very pretty too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Fantastic progress. Good luck with your March plans.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Terrific progress. The colors in Iris Keeper are divine.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wonderful stitching this month. I especially love the Geishas, but Iris Keeper is very pretty as well!

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.