Montag, 7. Oktober 2019

WIPocalypse September

Better late than never - right? So here is my update for September, which is really tiny! September just flew by! First the wedding, then I went to a retreat from university (which was pretty boring, I read a lot, but no stitching), then I was at how for three days and then we went on our honeymoon and then October was here.
We spent a really nice time in Greece, the weather was great and both my husband and I need a break, so we spent a lot of time relaxing in our private pool:

And well, lots of food, a bit of culture and for me a lot of reading and swimming. But I am back in Germany now, being back home is a nice thing, but it is so cold here :D

Well, back to stitching! I only have a super tiny update on Kriemhild to show, but at least I managed to finish page 38. I went from here:
To here:
There is a bit more confetti by now, since I managed to finish her dress (at least for this row). Now it's only one full age and a very small partial page to finish row number 5! Kriemhild is staying on my frame for a few more days (I think), because I really want to get a bit more done. I want to finish this row this year and I currently feel like I need to speed up a bit. Sometimes I feel like I need to take a month off from working on her and I feel that coming, so after the current row I am taking a small break.
In October there is another One-per-day-challenge going on and I plan to attend. Since I am joining a bit late, I am going to continue a bit into November, so I am going to work on my project for one month and hopefully daily =) I decided to pick up QS Trapped by Melanie Delon, I have not worked on this for ages. Here is my starting point:
I am continuing on the first row, there is 5200 stitches left, which might be a bit to much to do in one month, but I definitely want to finish page 3 (29 across) and at least make a start on page 4. I again plan to stitch (at least) one square per day, so my daily goal varies from 90 to 110 stitches per day. I am going to post updates on my Instagramm (@lady_stitchalot) during the month (not daily, but once or twice a week), so feel free to visit me there =)

This months question really made me laugh (and cry a bit) - it's about finishing styles... hahaha... me and finishing things... a well, I must say that I really love to see wall hangings and I think I would like to finish a project like this one day ;-) But I must say that a lot of my projects are things that I can best imagine to be framed in the end =)


2 Kommentare:

  1. Your September sounds like a lovely month, you had great excuses for not stitching too!
    Those big HAEDS will make amazing wall hangings.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Sounds like you had a great month and some well deserved time off! I'm sure there will be more stitching over the cold, wet months up to come.

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.