Sonntag, 15. September 2019

WIPocalypse August & GG SAL September &Wedding update

Ah well, time flies by! I was so busy before my marriage (the party was on 6th September) that I hardly got any stitching done and I didn't find the time to make a blog post about WIPocalypse and then the time for the GGSAL was already drawing near and since I don't have to much to show for any of these, I decided to combine them into one post.

Our wedding was great, we had a lovely ceremony with my family and friends, but the whole week was very exhausted. It all began on 30th August, when our neighbors suddenly turned up on our doorstep with a giant wreath and food and beer and they decorated our door and we had a small celebration (they call it "Kränzen") and here is how lovely our door looked afterwards:
So on that night we sat outside drinking and talking until midnight and the next day on the 31st, we had our Polterabend, where all our friend from university and work and so on turned up. We had a lovely BBQ party and there is a tradition where your visitors smash porcelain (for good luck, you are not allowed to throw glas because that is supposed to bring bad luck) and the bride pair needs to clean it up (to show that they face things together) and then your lovely visitors just spill the mess again and we have to clean again (because life isn't fair ;-) ). Well, this was actually a lot of fun. We had a bit of a rain storm that night, where we all running to bring in the music box and the food and we all got pretty soaked, but it only lasted a few minutes and the party continues until like 4 in the morning (well, I went to bed around 2:30 but my husband kept going). I guess I don't need to say that we were pretty done on Sunday... And Monday...
And then we were already back into preparations and the 6th was already upon us. The day was great, we had some lovely weather, the ceremony was amazing, good food and all our friends around. I wore a huge white wedding dress and if any of you ever plan to get married in a huge and heavy dress, remember to bring a second dress because the dress got really heavy over the day and after the wedding dance I changed into something more comfortable. The dance went good, we settled for "Once upon a December" (he proposed in  December, so that actually fit) and later that night, when I had already changed, we did a second waltz to "Blood Brothers" by Iron Maiden, which was amazing!
Even thought this was all beautiful, I was pretty happy when it was all over and I just slept for like 2 days ;-) Last Friday on the 13th, our neighbors turned up again and took down the wreath (it's called "Abkränzen") and that's basically an excuse to try and drink up all the leftover, so we had another exhausting night :D And we still have a lot of beer left :D

Well, now let's focus on stitching. My WIPocalypse update is really short, I only did two columns on Kreimhilds Revenge and went from here:
To here:
I really hope to do better for next month, the current page is nearly finished, so at least that should be possible for October.

As for the GG SAL, there is not update on Middle Earth for this month! I worked on it so much during the last month that I decided to give it a months rest and pick up something else. I actually even worked on two projects and the second it still on my frame and will therefore make another appearance next month.
First I worked on Wolf Kiss by Dimensions, it was only like 3 days, but I went from here:
To here:
After that I decided to dip up In the Moonlight by Tilton Crafts again, it has been ages since I worked on it. Last time:
And now, only 300 stitches added so far, but it's a start:
So this is all I have for this month. As always, there are link ups for both monthly SALs. You can find last months WIPocalypse entry here and the GG SAL here.

Happy stitching =)


4 Kommentare:

  1. I loved to hear about your traditions. So interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to hear it was all wonderful. Beautiful stitching. Enjoy finding your normal again now that all the fun is over.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Well, you have a good excuse for not getting a lot of stitching done this month (although what you did do is lovely!). Congratulations on your wedding! I am so glad you had a great celebration (or rather, celebrations). I hope you enjoy your life together, and especially this blissfull 'newly-wed' time. Are you going to go on a honeymoon?
    I can't believe I've been married for almost a year now, time flies so fast!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Congratulations on your wedding! AriadnefromGreece!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month despite all the celebrations!
    I love all the traditions you have, especially the one where your friends come to drink all the leftover drink!
    We had our reception in the bar we were running so there would have been a LOT of beer and spirits still to drink!

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.