Montag, 19. August 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL - August

Here we go with another GG SAL update. It's less than 3 weeks to my wedding, so I am quite busy with the preparations by now. We decided to do a Polterabend, which is a celebration before the actual wedding and very traditional around here. You basically celebrate with your neighbors and friends and it's mostly drinking and smashing porcelain (for good luck). We are planning a bbq party with a lot of people from work /university. Around here there is also a tradition called "Kränzen", where your neighbors make a long garland out of greenery and decorate it with flowers. The whole thing is then placed above your door, so every one sees that there is to be a wedding. Traditionally this happens very close to the wedding day, like one or two days before, but by now it often happens on the weekend before because it goes with a lot of drinking. Traditionally this is organised by the neighbors and the bridal couple doesn't know when it happens, but since we are doing a Polterabend on the weekend before the wedding (on the 31st), we think that the whole thing will happen then ;-)
Anyway, we are busy organizing stuff for that (drinks and food and so on). Apart from that we are learning to dance now (waltz) and it works better than we thought. We still have a way to go, but we are practicing almost every night (at least for half an hour) and I am confident that things will work out.
But this post is supposed to be about stitching! I worked only on my map of Middle Earth, but I did a lot on it! I did not only manage to finish page 8, I also did the first column on page 9. I went from here:
To here:
You can see the beginning of the Iron Hills now, wich is actually the last writing for this row! I am not at 63 000 stitches now, so I did l about 2 500 stitches during the last month - I just couldn't stop.

I hope that I will be able to get my butt up to work on a few other projects (like In the Moonlight, Candy Cane or Wolf Kiss) for the SAL this year, I only seem to be working on Middle Earth. Last but not least, there are plenty of other entries for the SAL this month and you can see them here =)
So this is all I have for this month, by the next entry I'll be married, I can't believe it! =)
Happy stitching =)

4 Kommentare:

  1. Great progress on Middle Earth this month. It is an amazing project. All the best for your wedding.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Great progress on Middle Earth, and how exciting that your wedding is so soon!
    I hope you have a lot of fun with your dancing. Please remember that depending on what type of dress you'll be wearing, the feeling might be quite different (for both of you) than dancing with pants. We did a couple practice runs with me wearing the Reifrock just to make sure we knew where to put our feet :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month! You know I love seeing Middle Earth growing.
    Good advice from Leonore about practising in your dress too! Hope everything goes well and you have a marvellous day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Fantastic progress! I hope you enjoy all your wedding preparations.

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.