Freitag, 31. August 2018

WIPocalypse - August

And here we go for another WIPocalypse, it's the 31st of August, so at least it's still August. I really didn't feel like blogging, so I guess this will be a short post. As every month, there is a link-up and you can find it here =)

This months question is also short to answer for me: Which is more satisfying to you and why – the process of stitching a piece, or the finish?
Well, it's definitely stitching. Yea, finishing something is also nice, but I love to work on my pieces. Thinking about finishing my bigger projects makes me happy and sad at the same time, because I know that I would miss working on them ;-)

I have a tiny bit of progress on Kreimhild to show - I don't know, I seem to be a bit sick of her by now. During the heat wave I just couldn't work on her, the darker colors put me down, so I switched to something more powerful. I went from here:
To here:
I added two columns, so I have a total of 146 880 stitches done. Therefore I am still positive that I can reach the 150k mark this year ;-)

Since I needed to work on something more colorful, I decided to pick up The Potting Shed by Aimee Stewart and that was just the right project for this weather.
Before:
Now:
I stitched a whole page on this one, it was just so much fun! The colors and the detail are sooooo beautiful =) I am super happy with my progress on this one =)

The third project I worked on is my Cliffside Beacon by Dimensions Gold petite. I had a hard time stitching the white on the fence, this was a lot of counting, and I was quite happy to be done with it.
Before:

and now:

The white is hardly visible, but quite a bit has been added and one day this will be finished ;-)

Well, I guess that's all I have for this month. I am currently stitching on Kreimhild, finishing page 34 for next month would be great. I am not sure which project I want to pic up next - maybe Starlight or Sloth or Whispers?
Anyway, I will find something pretty.
Happy stitching =)

3 Kommentare:

  1. Seems like your stitchy bug really is back - I'm thrilled! The Potting Shed is looking great, as are the others, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you picked for the month.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow they all look amazing. How beautiful does the Potting Shed look. Love all the colours. And of course I love Kreimhild.
    xo Alicia

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Wow when you're on fire you are really on fire. Amazing progress on The Potting shed. Love the colours too. And Kreimhild spear looks great. Nice detail on that one. Urgh to stitching white on white. It really is a drag but has to be done. Great Wipocalypse stunner
    xo Alicia

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.