Anyway, since YOTA and Wipocalypse were so close together this time, I decided to do one post for both (and since I don't have much to show for either of them, the posts won't look so empty).
Well, I somehow didn't spent a lot of time stitching during the last month. I picked up Starlight once again to stitch page 3 (my goal for this year was to add at least one page to every of my projects and I am on a good way to do so). I stitched half of the page so far. There was a lot of confetti in that brown bubble-tree-whatever-thing so stitching that took ages. But I seem to be done with it (for the first row) and stitching seems to be a bit faster now.
Here is how it looked like last time:
I plan to continue with this page for a bit longer (until I take a break to work on Middle Earth)
Well as I said, I was very unproductive. I did 800 stitched on Yule Angel to show my new praking technique to avoid gridlines, but I didn't take a full shot. Anyway, I got from here:
And I fear that's it for WIPocalypse. I really hope next month will be better ;-)
Ups, I forgot about this months question, which is
What makes you pick up a long-abandoned UFO rather than beginning a new piece?
Well, those of you who follow my blog know, that I am quite good at starting new things :D But usually I can mange to not really abandon a piece. Sometimes I am making goals for myself before starting a new piece (I'm currently preparing for my first Supersize but I want to stitch a few things first: finish the current page on Starlight and stitch another page on Kreimhild and get some progress into Theatre of the Absurd). I often tell myself that I sort of treat myself with a new start when I get enough done on my old pieces but it doesn't always work :D
I really enjoy the UFO SALs (both the one on facebook and the YOTA SAL) because they sort of force me to pick an UFO up once a month ;-)
As for YOTA, it didn't get much done either. I picked up QS Theatre of the Absurd for some 500 stitches and went from here:
I didn't really give much love to this one during the UFO week at the end of the month, so I decided to do a few more stitches (300 or so) before putting it away again. After all, I want this finished soon!