Sonntag, 2. Juni 2019

WIPocalypse May

Well, long time, no see, but now I'm back in blogland. I just opened my blog-reading-thing on my computer and holy cow! I don't even know where to start catching up! So I am going to promise you the exact same thing as every month - I'll catch up on all your posts and will be a better follower and blogger in the future ;-)
Well, things just went over the top here. Due to my chronic pain I applied for a treatment in hospital and they were like "yeah we are going to send you a questionnaire and you fill it in and sent it back and then we will get back to you", so I answered all the questions and sent the thing back to hospital, on the paper it said that it could take up to six months due to high demand, so I prepared to wait. I got a phone call on Friday the 12th, talked to the doctor (not a secretary or something) and she told me that it would be best if I could come to hospital for "a few days" and the secretary would get back to me. About 30 minutes later the secretary got back to me and asked me "ah well, can you get here on Monday 15th for some first test and from the 23rd on we have a bed for you". That was fast. It's like you can get a treatment immediately or you have to wait for 6 weeks. So I ended up in Hospital after Easter Monday and "a few days" resulted in 16 days of therapy for chronic pain.
I am really glad that I did this, I mean going to hospital sucks (especially if one of your roommates is 75, dement and slightly racist and half the time you are like "if you were just 30 years young, I would simply punch you in the face for all the rubbish you are talking"....), but this treatment helped me a lot. The finally diagnosed me with CRPS, so no more random visits to random doctors, they improved my medication, so I am not feeling so dizzy anymore (we cut back on the strong pain killers) and I have less pain. Also I feel more active again, the strong pain killers made me tired all the time and half my evenings I spent on the couch recovering from my daily activities. I could not really do sports (20 minutes of yoga finished me off) and a lot of days I felt so tired in the morning, I was close to throwing up. I am not able to run a marathon, but I can do my all-day activities (go to work, meet friends, go shopping, do house or garden work) without feeling awful for several hours. I even started on sports again, which I missed so much! I also talked to my doctor and in about 2 weeks we will try to cut back on the medication once more =) Most of all, I am way me optimistic now and I feel like I am back on track again.
Anyway, I got home in the middle of May and I just took a while to settle in again and start stitching again, so I decided not to push myself to blog. But I really and honestly hope and think that I will improve in the future ;-)
Also, I have the official allowance to stitch! The doctors told me that one of the ways to beat CRPS is a lot of interaction with my hand, my body and brain need to get used to using my hand again, so stitching really is a therapy for me now ;-)
Unfortunately I feel like I don't really have a lot to show, but here are my updates.

The first one I want to show is my work on "Danielle" by Sarah Butcher. I absolutely love this design, the colors always make me happy and I really don't get why I skipped this WIP in 2018. All the more a reason to pick it up and I went from here:
To here:
I did a total of 2 400 stitches and managed to finish off page 3 and make a start on page 4.

The second WIP I worked on is QS Paddys Luck. You know I wanted to finish up the first row of pages, but I didn't manage to do so. I didn't really enjoy stitching the tree, but since it's really not much to finish the row, I will do so for the end of June =) But I still went from here:
To here:
I only did 800 stitches, but they took ages! I'm so happy when the tree is done, the rainbow was way more fun to stitch ;-)

Last but not least is Kreimhilds revenge, which is currently on my frame. We are still stitching brown and sandy colors, but we are getting there. I am still working on page 37, one and a half columns left there and I will finish those before I move to something else (I hope, I feel a certain itch to stitch something more colorful). I went from here:
To here:
She is getting a hand! it looks so amazing and real =) I added a total of 1 830 stitches, not as much as I wanted, but still something - right?

Talking of more colorful stitching... Michele is running another challenge on Facebook, the idea is to make a new start and stitch one page. On the one hand I have more than enough WIPs, on the other I recently bought a new chart:
It's called "Garden Gate" by Dona Gelsinger and it's amazing! You know I love working in the garden and this contains hydrangeas, which are my favorite flowers =) This was released when I was still in hospital and I already felt better and really optimistic, so I spent a few hours online looking at things I want to do "now that my hand got better again". This was released together with another Dona design called "Gardeners paradise" and I had a hard time deciding, but the hydrangeas got me ;-) So as soon as I got home again I bought this. I even have a matching piece of 32ct murano in light green to go with this and I have all the colors and I even printed the first pages of this chart. So I am pretty sure that I will start this soon =)

so this is all I have for this month =)
Happy stitching =)

4 Kommentare:

  1. I love all your projects! Gorgeous colors and even Kreimhild with all the neutrals at the moment is lovely in her own way. Your new chart is beautiful and looks like it will be lots of fun.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I'm so glad to hear you are doing better! Spending two weeks in the hospital certainly is no fun, but if you improved this much, I guess it was worth it. And to stitch on an official doctor's order is fun too! Great progress despite everything, I'd love to see that new start of yours.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Welcome back! I am so glad the hospital stay went well (excepting your room-mate!). Don't worry about not running a marathon, most of us can't either unless it's the Longest Day Stitching Marathon I've organised again this June.
    Wonderful progress on your pieces, especially Kreimhild, she looks amazing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. So glad to hear that you are on the mend, but it sounded a little torturous with your annoying hospital room mate. But you're back home now and it's so good to hear you sounding more positive about it all.

    I think you have made an amazing amount of progress on all your wips. You are progressing so well. Enjoy your new start, it looks so bright and colourful, which equals a fun stitch.
    xo Alicia

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.