Dienstag, 2. April 2019

WIPocalypse March

I always feel extra bad when my WIPocalypse post moves to the next month. I was just so busy over the weekend, you know all those adult things like grocery shopping and cleaning that you just don't have the time to do during the week add up then a day is gone. My future mother in law broke her shoulder like two weeks ago and we went shopping with her (it could be worse, she doesn't need surgery and she is healing well, but she can't drive and lift things and so on). She is taking a lot of medication, especially pain killers (no was around them sometimes) and she is acting a bit odd these days, she just can't keep her thoughts in order and when you talk to her she keeps mixing things up... I really hope this will get better once she is of the pain killers, shopping with her was really exhausting and took ages... After we were done, we went to pick up some plants for the garden and after I planted them, the day was nearly over and I was completely done... I didn't feel well on Sunday, so I didn't manage to put up a blog post (again). Anyway, my garden is looking better now (especially since I picked up some more extra ugly decoration - I own two beer drinking frogs now, my neighbor was really impressed when she saw them) and I am getting this post done now!
The link-up for this month is already pretty crowded, so it's really worth taking a look over there to check out more updates :)

This months question is "What newer designers and product creators (fabric or floss dyeing, etc) out there have you discovered and recommend?". Well, I didn't discover any new designers since last time, I tent to stitch the same stuff every time... Maybe because of the trouble with my hand, I didn't buy to many new things and didn't spent so much time researching new designs and designers...

But now we are coming to my progress for March. March was a funny month, I took part in the 1-stitch-a-day challenge and except for two days, I really managed to pick up my project QS Paddys Luck every day. I decided instead of doing one stitch, I am stitching one square per day (130 stitches for the first 8 days and 100 stitches for the rest of the month). There were a lot of days where I didn't stitch on anything else, so I didn't feel like making to much progress over the month. Apart from Paddy, I worked on two other projects, but first I want to show my progress on Paddy. I went from here:
To here:
I added 100 extra stitches so I would have 4 columns (and a partial) done by the end of the month. In total I did 3 430 on Paddy, I didn't realize it was so much! 100 stitches per day really add up! I am also just 2 000 stitches short of a row finish here, so that is one goal for April =)

The second project I worked on is Starlight by David Hoffrichter. I didn't stitch on this for ages - you know I love the design, but due to all the confetti it is really slow to stitch...
Before:


And now:
I finished page 4 and it took ages. It really doesn't look like much, but especially those small bubbles were confetti hell. I was sort of happy when I was done with the page, which makes me a bit sad because the result is really great. I did a total of 1680 stitches, which is still better than nothing ;-)

The third project for this month is - just as every month - my Kriemhild. The plan is to do half a page per month, but I only managed to stitch two columns (and a total of 1520 stitches). I went from here:
To here:
I plan on doing another column before I put it away to hopefully catch up with my progress. In fact I hope to be able to finish page 37 for next month. 

This is all I have to show for this month. Maybe I will also start another small Mill Hill kit, I am wondering if I might still have one of those beaded eggs (whenever I order Mill Hill kits, I pick up a ton and then I forget about them...). 
So until next time,
Happy stitching =)

4 Kommentare:

  1. Great progress on all your pieces, I especially love Paddy, he's so cheerful

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow I would be so chuffed if I got that much progress done in a month. Well done Jo they all look amazing. So in love with Kriemhild. Good luck with your April goals, happy stitching. Also hope your mum in law has a speedy recovery too xox Alicia

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I think you did really well, noticeable progress on all three designs.
    Hope MIL is feeling better now too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. You had a lot of progress this month, especially on the very pretty Paddy! Well done.
    I hope your MIL will feel better soon, for her sake and yours - even if we love them, caring for relatives can be exhausting!

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.