Sonntag, 17. Mai 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL - May

It looks like we already hit the middle of May, so here is my tiny update for the GG SAL. I only worked on one project, but I am fairly happy with my progress. Since Middle Earth is taking a small break, I will rotate through my other projects.
As every month, there is a link-up page where you can see every ones progress.
For this month I picked "In the Moonlight" by Cindy Grundsten (Tilton Crafts).
I went from here:
To here:
And that's a total of 2 400 stitches and also, this is the first page! The grey stitches up quite fast, I did this in one week and I am super happy with what I did. Also, this is now officially well past the point where I had to restart this (due to wrong fabric orientation... due to stupidity...) and since I am making some "new" progress on this, I feel better working on it. I already made something like a plan how to stitch another page on this during the year.
As you can't really see anything in this picture and the chart seems to be retired, here is a picture of the original artwork:
First I thought that there might me the tip of an ear on the next page (looks like something pointy in the lower right corner), but looking at the picture, I fear the first row will be only grey background.

As for my further stitching plans... I have 3 bigger projects I stitch on my frame: Middle Earth, Wolf Kiss and In the Moonlight. I will either work on Middle Earth bimonthly and rotate between the two wolf projects in the other months, or I will rotate through them in a 3-month cycle. As for my Christmas stocking, I will try to work on it for a few days every month. This way I hope to make some progress on all my projects =)

And since I made such a great plan wo cope with all my projects, I have another chart to show, which I bought because my hubby is a huge Star Wars fan and I think he would love it:
This is "Star Wars - Past and Present" by Daniel Kordeck. The chart is available from Tilton Crafts. Shelly (the owner) is a bit in need, even thinking about closing her business, so I thought I might support her by buying a few new charts ;-) I bought two more, but I will show them in a separate post next week =)

Happy stitching =)

7 Kommentare:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Nice progress on the sky, I think it will be a little while until the wolf appears though.
    The Star Wars one is great, don't they look young in the lower half!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You made great progress on Moonlight. The Star Wars chart looks amazing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I'm curious, how many colors do you have on the wolf project? The Star Wars chart looks great, as I was 18 when I saw the first movie and saw the IX last year, I could make the same picture with my brown and now white hair! Grüße.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. OH my...that wolf is so amazing <3 It'll be stunning finished! And it gave me an idea of what to start next…:D The new chart looks great; I'm going to check out her place:)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Gorgeous work!! Love your new chart. Going to look and see if I "need" anything.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Lovely progress and I do like that chart. I know some charts haven't been uploaded on the new server. I hope this one comes back.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Great progress on Moonlight! I love this Star Wars chart and I'm seriously tempted, but then I already have to big SW charts from Tiltons to stitch...

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.