Samstag, 17. März 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL - March

Here we go for another GG SAL update. I could have sworn, February just turned into March, but it looks like March is already half way over! And I am two days late for the SAl, so if you take a look at the link-up there is already plenty to see ;-)
I was super busy during the last weeks, my students had their exams and we spent ages correcting them. Luckily only 540 students turned up for the exams (the students are signed up for the exam automatically and most of them don't turn up - our list had 1096 students on it), but it still took a lot of nerves to go through it all. Now there are just some oral exams to do, but we think we can finish them in one day. And after that, I have two weeks off from work, yay! I'll stitch and start working in the garden then =)

But back to topic - my progress for the GG SAL. I managed to work on two project and have some stash to show (I got some kits for my birthday and since I was to busy to drive to a "local" shop (80km one way), I order a few things online)..
Let's start with my actual stitching.
The first thing is - just as last month - my Map  of Middle Earth. I managed to get a page finish on this and went from here:
To here:
So I added 2 000 stitches since you last saw this one. 6 pages done, 54 to go.... I hope to be able to finish another page this year. If I stitck to my plan of doing roughly 1 000 stitches per month, this should not be a problem ;)

The second project I worked on is my Candy Cane Santa Stocking - yes, he's finally back! Not to much progress on him, but every stitch done is a stitch closer to gifting this to my fiance. I went from here:
To here:
You can see that I am now working on background now and since it's only half crosses, it stitches up rather fast. I just need to pick this up more often.

And since I don't already have enough on the go, here is some stash I got for my birthday =)

First up is a small kit by Dimensions Gold - it's from the petite collection. I think it's very pretty =
The second kit I got is also from Dimensions Gold. I loved this when it was released, but it was quite expensive here and then sew and so had it on sale, so I got it =)
The third kit I got is a Mill Hill beaded kit called "Geranium". I am currently stitching "Hydrangeas" from this line, I am close to finishing all the stitching and looking forward to get to the beading =)
And once I am done with my Hydrangeas, I will stitch this one =) It looks like so much fun =)

That's all I have for this month.
Happy stitching =)

6 Kommentare:

  1. Sounds like you're ready for the holidays! Happy Belated Birthday🎂🎈🎉🍾🍷Your new kits are lovely! 😍 Beading would be fun... I've never tried it before... Now you've got me thinking about the potential of working some beads into a wip... lol! Beautiful stitching 😊

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Looks like you've made some good progress this month. Love your new stash! Those kits are very pretty. Happy stitching! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the progress on Middle Earth, my favourite of all your projects!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Great progress on your GG this month - Middle Earth looks great.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Oh so many beautiful pieces here!AriadnefromGreece!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. "only" 500 students - we had 150 for our biggest exam and THAT already took ages! This automatic sign up sounds a bit stupid...so you had to print 1000+ exams, then throw half of them away?
    On a more relevant note, great progress on your stitching! Love your new stash as well, especially the Summer Cottage kit is very pretty.

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.