Sonntag, 18. Februar 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL - February

Ah, it looks like we are already half way through February... I am 3 days late for GG SAL and don't have much to show, so everything is as usual here :D 
Work is still driving me made, I survived that exam we had in January (we were occupied with than until last Tuesday, since after the normal written test, some of the students (like 40) can do an additional oral exam and the whole process of correcting the exam, the students sign up for the oral exam and the oral exams themselves always takes ages...) and I am prepared for the next exam, which is next Tuesday (and those students also can do the oral exam stuff) and I finished designing the exams for my own students (the last two exams belonged to lectures from the last summer), which is at the beginning of March. Holy cow, sometimes I really hate how many students and how many exams there are! On top of this, I think that I am getting ill, I feel really done these days and by head hurts a lot, so I spent a lot of time sleeping and hoping that the flue won't visit me...

Anyway, back to topic! It's GG SAL! As always, it's worth taking a look at the monthly link-up here, 14 other people have already signed up, so there is plenty to see and - as always - Jo also has a lot of beautiful projects to show =)

Well, the first thing I have to show is a small update on my Wolf Kiss by Dimensions. I picked this up after my latest GG SAL update, I didn't work to much on it, but every stitch counts, right?
I went from here:
To here:
I think if I spent another day stitching this, I could finish the top half of the first page. Maybe I'll try this for next time. I originally wanted to start the owl from Eva Rosenstand, but the fabric is to stiff (can't get it on the frame and it's supposed to be linen), so I will wash it first. For this I need to surge the edges and for 4 weeks I have been planning to take out my sewing machine and do that (and maybe sew the last scroll rod cover I need). 

The second project I have to show is my map of Middle Earth. It is currently on the frame, I only did 500 stitches since you last saw it, but I am going to stitch those additional 500 stitches for my 1000-a-month-goal before I take it of the frame. I guess I should be able to finish the column tomorrow.
I went from here:
To here:
Taking full shots is starting to get difficult since the map is quite large and you can hardly see the column I started. Maybe I will only do full shots for page finishes from now on (doesn't happen that often..).

I must confess that there is still now further work on Santa. I am currently focusing on a smaller Mill Hill kit I want to finish, so whenever I sit down for a few minutes and stitch on a smaller project, it*s that one instead of Santa. But I will try again for next month!

That's already all I have for this month. 
Happy stitching =)

5 Kommentare:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
    You can really see the progress in the wolf, it looks more like a wolf and less like a cat now!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. This year is going so fast! Your projects are looking good! The wolves really pop out nicely on that black fabric😊

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Great stitching, the wolvea are really taking shape now

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Eek, three exams, that is a lot! Are you the only one doing them in your group?
    Nice stitching progress though, even if it's not that much :) Take care of yourself!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Hi Stunner!
    Sorry for being so late with my comment. I'm on a big catch up mode since getting the new computer. I love how the wolf is progressing and as always I find the Map of Middle Earth magical. I hope you didn't get the flu either.
    xo Alicia

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.