It has only been a few days since my last post for WIPocalypse and at the end I mentioned that I wanted to pick up the potting shed by Aimee Stewart for a few days and that's exactly what I did ;-)
I just felt like stitching a summer design and Aimees designs are so beautiful and colorful and you all know that I found my love for gardening.
So I took the potting shed out and finished page 1:
Another lovely spring design I am working on is a Mill Hill Buttons and Beads kit called "Hydrangea". I love Hydrangeas, they proably are my favorite flowers. I have three by now, one from last year (blue, it's coming into bloom right now) and two I got this year (red and white-pink). I have already spent some time looking for Hydrangea patterns, there are a couple by Dimensions and so I might get some more some time.
This is what my Mill Hill kit will look like one day:
First I ended up miscounting, so the piece is not centered, but since I won't run out of space and I plan just to clue this to something for framing, I think it's not that bad.
Second, all my MH kits are stitched with 3 strands, so I just started stitching with 3 strands... But it should be 2. I noticed this when I was already a good deal in, so I decided to continue with 3 strands, I have all the colors in my stash and I just mix the threads so there should not be any dyelot issues.
This, I started stitching on the wrong side of the perforated paper... The correct side is yellow colored, I am stitching on the off-white... Lucky me, I'm doing three instead of two threads, so you won't see the background...
Fourth, I miscounted... I noticed this when I was adding the second yellow color... But I decided to just fix this along the way and it should be fine now....
Anyway, all problems are not that bad, but how unlucky can one be with a single project?
Despite all the trouble, this is what I did so far:
Ok, that's it for stitching my WIPs, here are some new future WIPs!
I bought three Haed charts since the beginning of May. I don't think I showed you the chart I got in the middle of May during the Haed fullprice support thing.
I got "Snow white fog" by Bente Schlick, I requested a color expansion for this one, I just love it and want to be sure that the deer is visible. I requested about 150 colors and the chart now has 126. Fun fact: thanks to the color expansion, the chart now features 4 stitches of white (3866) :D
I went for the Secret Garden Bookshelf and since I am a mad girl, I went for the Supersized Max color version of this! It just has so many details and I want them as clear a possible! I don't know how I will manage this, I can only fit a Supersized pattern on my Millennium frame if I go for 32ct, but I think with all the confetti it will be hard to push the needle through. For a max color I would probably prefer a 25ct, so my frame is 10 inches to short. One idea is to stitch this sideways (which I haven't tryed before and I imagine to be weird), another one is to stitch this with a Qsnap (I need to see how heavy this is and get a big grime guard to get the fabric out of the way) or get a costum frame, maybe an Omanik frame (they are cheaper and faster than Needle Needs). I will find a way!
Aofie by Pat Brennan. I think he is fairly new to the Haed family, but he has a few stunning designs. Aofie was released just a few days ago and I had to get her. I think she has something magical to her and I love the colors, they are really calming. With just under 180k stitches, she is one of my "smaller" designs... I really need to stop buying all those supersize patterns..
But that's it for me now, I hope everyone had a wonderful stitchy weekend!
Happy stitching =)