Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2016

WIPocalypse - June

Oh my, June is just flying by. And it seems like I am starting most every post with this sentence. It's really crazy, time flies by and I always feel like I didn't accomplish anything because it feels like getting up, going to work, go home, eat dinner, stitch for 2 or 3 hours and then I pick up a book and go to bed, lol. I'm not getting much stitching done, just about 200 stitches per night. I am working on Danielle, trying to finish page 2 (which I started at the beginning of the year) and I think it's on the frame for two weeks now and I am not done with it (see below).
The weather has gone insane here, it switches between a lot of rain and even thunderstorms and now it's terribly hot again and there are more thunderstorms to come. This weather just makes me tired all the time...

But as for my WIPocalypse progress!
As I mentioned, I am working on Danielle by Sarah Butcher. I did 3 columns so far (well, I did an additional 70 stitches) and there are 490 stitches left on the page, so it should be done by the weekend.
Last time:
And now:
Did I say that I am absolutely in love with this one? It's so pretty!! I love the colors =)

I also did finish the Haed challenge, so Trapped went from here

To here:

So that's pretty much what I did last month. I stitched a lot on my projects for the GG SAL and I also stitched a Mill Hill kit (which I didn't take a picture of) and on Paris Market (of which I didn't take a picture either...). 

As for this months question: Do you find yourself more productive with stitching in Summer or in Winter?

Well, that's definitely Winter :D There is nothing better than snuggling up on my couch with a cup of tea and some stitching. I don't like to much heat, it makes me tired. I also spent a lot of time outside taking care of my garden. Maybe I also need more smaller projects I can take outside with me ;-) 

That's all I have for this time, 
Happy stitching =)

3 Kommentare:

  1. Glad to see you are having fun with Danielle. I do love the way her hair curls all over. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I stitch more in summer, generally speaking. I get a lot more cross stitch and knitting done simply because they're usually more portable projects, even my HAEDs. Plus in winter my hands get so cold that hand work is a lot more difficult. I tend to sew and quilt more during the winter. Harder to get frozen fingers when you're constantly using the iron. :)

    I love that Danielle is giving you so much joy. Enthusiasm is infectious and it's nice to read about.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Two lovely projects you're working on - and great progress on both! I think Trapped looks like a photograph or painting, it's so realistic.

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.