Well, here is the update on Danielle I mentioned in my WIPocalypse post.
We had issues. BIG issues. I wanted to share an update after finishing page 2 and I did finish page two and then I started cutting my waste knots and then I was tired and impatient and I cut my fabric. I am not that surprised this happened, this projects doesn't really want to be stitched.
I mean when I first planned on starting this, this was for the day I handed in my master thesis. But the fabric didn't turn up in time, but fine, I started something else and did Danielle when the fabric came in. Then I had chart issues, one symbol was used twice, but fine, I emailed Michele and she saved the day. Next up I mixed up symbols, did some green instead of brown, noticed this in the second column and had to find and unpick all the wrong stitches . but fine, I did that. Then, after 1 1/2 pages I noticed that I don't enjoy the E5200 I used. It looks bulky on the 28ct and it's hard to stitch - so fine, I unpicked it all, very carefully with my frog sword and restitched it with Rainbow R000. And then that fabric hole issue happened... I was close to crying and angry at myself because this only happened because I was impatient and tired. So I decided to try and fix it, even if it is super close to the stitching. So I went for some fray stop, just to find that the bottle was not properly closed and it was all dry. All this happened Friday night - did I mention that the closes needlework shop for me is about 1 hours drive away from me and closes early on Saturdays? Doesn't really matter since it doesn't seem to carry Fray Stop anyway... As well as all the other online stores in Germany from which I order... So no Fray Stop, I really had to apply a drop of regular glue (shame on me) because ordering some Fray Stop in takes a few weeks and is quite expensive (shipping). But it worked, so I cut a piece of fabric to place it underneath my damaged fabric (secured with the black thread):
Total stitches: 255 150
Stitches done: 12 000
Stitches done in 2016: 6 800
Stitching days: 23
Average stitches per day: 296
Stitches left: 243 150
Days left to stitch: 821
My stitching average has dropped from 333 to 296. I'm not surprised, I feel like I'm not really getting much stitching done these days. But progress is progress, right?
And speaking about progress or none progress, to ensure I am not running out of things to do I had a massive amount of stash coming in. In the picture below are two orders (one from the beginning of May and one from the beginning of June) that came in:
I think my July order will be from Polstitches Designs, some fabric and they have some lovely kits (maybe I'll order my first Mira). I'm doing my best to order only once a month ;-)
I was pretty good at ordering only once a month until mid June, when I somehow payed a visit to the Golden Kit website. I love their designs, they are different from the Haed style and they look so amazing when they are stitched up. And they always seem to have some kind of sale going on. Since you get an additional 30% off if you order 3 charts or more, I ended up buying 3 charts. The charts are usually quite expensive, so I still saved a lot of money. So here is what I got:
Beauty with Parasol at a Garden Wall:
Crossing the Stream
Dolce far Niente
I love all three patterns and I am not sure which one I want to stitch first, Beauty with Parasol or Crossing the Stream. I have fabric for Beauty with Parasol, but I need a lot of threads for it. I'm also not sure how to kit it up with the blended colors, maybe I'll use floss rings. I would need to order fabric for Crossing the Stream, but it would need less floss and I could use a lot from my master set. Or maybe I will look at the floss list for Dolce, the longer I look at her... Oh my!
I guess I will stop here :D
Happy stitching =)