Mittwoch, 18. März 2015

Two finishes and an ornament

Yes, the title is correct. I actually finished something. Well, actually, I finished the stitching last year around Christmas, but I didn't take a picture or finish the whole project until last Sunday.

Since my boyfriend enjoy playing pen and paper role play games and has a small obsession for dices (all colors, all sizes, all numbers of sides....) he was in need of a new bag for them. So I thought it would be nice to combine this with his obsession for Starwars and make him a bag! So I spent some time searching on easy for patterns and found some in the end. I picked black cashel linen (28ct) for this project and stitched 2 over 2. I stitched one motif on each side and then just sewed it together into a bag (problem is I hate sewing... can't motivate myself to do so...).
 I am sorry for the bad pictures, the thing needs another ironing after I sewed it.
The first design is this cute Darth Vader holding a cookie. I once saw it on someones blog a long time ago and I always wanted to stitch ist. Since I was working on black, I left out the black stitches und added a white outline (I hadn't thought about this problem until the other side was done...). I got the pattern from dorkstitchs etsy shop.

The other side has this Darth Vader on it. This was the reason why I started on black fabric (it's horrible to stitch on... I first planned on going 1 over 1, but that wasn't possible...) I also got this pattern on easy, the shop/designer is called Kaplio


I will hopefully remember to take better pictures after ironing and before giving this away.

As of my recent stitching, there is not much to show on Eternal Promise yet. I stitched one column, but I guess I will stitch another one before showing it here, so there is something to see. The reason why I got so little on it done is, that I started stitching an ornament and wasn't able to put it down. I bought this Dimensions Gold kit more than a year ago and never found the chance t start it. 
I started the Ornament in the last row, right side in Febuary, stitches a few stitches and then put it down again. But last week(or the week before?) I suddenly felt the urge to stitch on this, so here we go
I think I made fairly good progress. It's completely different from what I usually stitch, it's small, it's on Aida, it uses different numbers of strands and varies between full and half crosses. Maybe that's the reason why I enjoy stitching it so much. I need to stitch the roof and the trees, then there is the sky, but that's all half crosses so it is done in no time. And then - backstitching! I haven't done this is ages :D I am sort of looking forward to it ;-) 
Anyway, I think this will provide me with a finish soon, that's motivating. 



5 Kommentare:

  1. Lots of great stitching. The Star Wars finishes are excellent, I'm sure he will love it. The ornaments are really cute and you are making great progress on it. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The ornaments are so detailled, very nice work! You got me with Darth Vader: those patterns are irresistible. Went straight away and bought the cookie one. pff.. one more pattern in my collection... But this one I know exactly to whom to gift it. Thank you so much.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Love your Dark Side - I did one like that too though not that exact one. It looks great on black. I may have to go look at The Force pattern...another one for the wish list!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. So sweet, love the finishes! Well done :)

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.